23 Apr 2022

what makes you happy

I had opportunity to re-stock my supply of doggy chew toys this week. Anytime I see toys on sale, I get them. 
I'm not concerned about what they look like; usually seasonal toys are much more affordable after the season, and the dogs don't care about a Christmas tree in April or an Easter bunny in August. 
My diminished concern about appearance is in direct relation to the immense appreciation of the pups in question. They *love* playing with chew toys. Squeeky, soft, crinkly, whatever: a dog with a chew toy is a very happy dog. 
A large part of their fun comes from destroying said toys. They chew and gnaw, flip and shake, toss and tug. (Thankfully, they don't consume the detritus, but leave it scattered on the floor. 
I think it's great. They are playful, happy dogs, living in joy. They know what they enjoy, and can communicate their happiness. They use the toys as they were intended (there's no sense keeping chew toys in perfect condition; they're literally made to be chewed on). 
So yes, there's often fluff by the table, or ripped-off limbs by the sofa. And it means cleaning up, and keeping a regular supply of toys prepared for the next 'new toy day'. No need to wait for a special occasion, just joy of living in the moment. 
What a lovely reminder for us, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment