10 Oct 2020

Who Inspires You?

        I am so blessed to have amazing friends - near and far - who continue to inspire me day after day. These are formidable people who make my life better, who find ways to reach out to their communities and make the world a better place.

         One of these friends makes an effort to extend grace whenever she can, realising that a little bit of positivity can go a long way - and usually the folks we don't feel like extending grace to are the ones who need it the most.

         One will send an occasional text saying "I appreciate you - I'm glad you're in my life."

         One makes sure to really listen to the people he's with; knowing that a simple "how are you" without the commitment to engage in conversation isn't fair.

         One is intentional about eye contact in conversation.

         One will always express "you're welcome" to a "thank you".

         One mails amusing cards, for no occasion, because the post shouldn't just be bills and flyers.

...You get the idea. These aren't the types of things that will be recorded in the history books, but they are the types of things that make my story better. And they inspire me to be better: a better friend, neighbour, Christian, human! And for them, I am grateful!

         This Thanksgiving weekend, who are you grateful for in your life? Who inspires you to be the best version of yourself? Who really sees you, and delights in that connection? And how can you honour their gifts to you?

    

2 comments: