15 Aug 2026

Expression

I recently had opportunity to acquire some travel aids for a long-haul flight. In my youth, concepts of swollen feet didn't really enter my consideration. 
Alas: for this venture, I gave in to the reality that compression socks would be a wise investment.
And, being quirky, I thought that perhaps standard black or white didn't quite fit my personality... So funky patterns it was!
Changing into said socks during the layover raised a few eyebrows, but it also raised a few questions... Strangers asked me for details about  my fun socks, as they commented on the joy of self expression. 
It doesn't take much for us to find things that bring us happiness while also serving a particular need. God made us all different, and delights in variety, so why shouldn't we?
We can express our choices and joys in different ways, just as we can live our faith in varying ways. 
However we express the love of God that has been lavished upon us, let us do it on such a way that makes someone smile (even ourselves!)

No comments:

Post a Comment